Contact us to arrange a Product demonstration
Winerys - OZONE Benefits
In 1994, we began working with ozone as a sanitiser and Ozone Efficiency leads the industry in the development of new ozone advancements and applications. Ozone Efficiency has worked closely with its winery clients to document the efficacy of ozone in winery sanitation applications. With hundreds of clients worldwide, Ozone Efficiency is the leader in the production of mobile and stationary ozone sanitation systems and produces systems designed to meet the needs of any size winery.
- Ozone is a stand-alone organic sanitiser which simplifies sanitation, is cost effective, safe to use, saves water and energy, and is environmentally friendly.
- Ozone is produced as needed on site, dissipates after use and minimizes the purchase, storage, mixing and disposal of chemicals.
- Ozone is a cold sanitizer that saves energy, extends barrel flavours, and minimizes bottling line maintenance costs and cool down cycles.
- Ozone kills a much broader spectrum bacteria, fungus and moulds, yeasts, spores and cysts from 10 to 5000 times faster than halogenated chemicals (chlorine, iodine, etc.).
- Ozone was approved by a FDA Expert Panel as GRAS (generally recognized as safe) for use as a sanitiser in 1997 and was approved by FDA for use with fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, etc. in June 2001 (food additive petition).
- Ozone was approved under USDA Organic Rule in 2000.
- Ozone reverts to molecular oxygen, leaving no by-products or residual contaminants.
- Ozone unlike halogenated chemicals (i.e. chlorine, iodine, etc.) does not generate TCA precursors or dangerous halogenated hydrocarbon by-products, such as THM’s.
- Ozone destroys objectionable taste and odour causing compounds.
- Ozone is pH neutral, (does not change the acid/alkaline balance)